The National Rural Health Association (NRHA) recently named the 20 highest-ranked prospective payment system (PPS) hospitals in the country based on an evaluation by the Center for Rural Health using Health Analytics’ Hospital Strength Index. These rural and community hospitals will be recognized in an awards ceremony during NRHA’s Rural Hospital Innovation Summit May 21 in San Diego.
The determining factors for the top 20 rural and community hospitals were based on eight indices: inpatient market share, outpatient market share, quality, outcomes, patient perspective, cost, charge, and financial efficiency.
SDAHO would like to recognize the South Dakota Hospitals that made the list:
- Avera Sacred Heart Hospital Yankton, S.D.
- Avera St. Luke’s Hospital Aberdeen, S.D.
- Avera St. Mary’s Hospital Pierre, S.D.
- Brookings Health System Brookings, S.D.
- Prairie Lakes Healthcare System Watertown, S.D.
To view the entire top 20 rural and community hospital list and other information about the Top 20 Rural Community Hospital award, view the NRHA website.