On July 1, 2021, Medical and Recreational Marijuana consumption will become legal in South Dakota. SDAHO is developing an educational webinar series to inform, educate and address the impact to healthcare providers.
Tim Rave and Sarah Aker presented the first session by providing an overview of the language within the SD Constitutional Amendment A: Recreational Marijuana and SD Initiated Measure 26: Medical Marijuana. To view this presentation, click here.
The next presentation, CBD and Medical Marijuana Use in Health Care, is Wednesday, December 16, where Rob Leffler, Vice President of Clinical Services for PCA Pharmacy will discuss the following:
- Explain the history of CBD and Hemp
- Discuss cannabis-based approved medications in the US
- Explore the marketing and efficacy of CBD
- Discuss the legality of the use of CBD in the nation
- Understand the status of medical marijuana laws in the US
- Learn how providers can address potential CBD and marijuana use in their communities
Future presentations include:
- CBD and Medical Marijuana Use in Healthcare | December 16, 10am CST – Register here
- Cannabis: Where are We Now? | January 13, 1pm CST – Register here
- Human Resource Implications | February 25, 11am CST
- Healthcare Implementation & Experiences from Other States | March 2021
- Medical Marijuana in Long-Term Care Settings | April 2021
- End of Life & Medical Marijuana | May 2021
- Risk Management & Employment Law | June 2021
To register and learn more about upcoming education, click here.