- February 23 | 11am, CST, Team Culture, Presented by Todd Forkel By the most basic definition, a team culture is made up of values, belief, attitudes and behaviors shared by the team. Team culture is simply how people work together towards a common goal and how they treat each other. A great team culture is one that emphasizes mentorship over management. Participants will learn the cultural attributes of strong teams and discover how to build a T.E.A.M.S mindset amongst your group. Todd will share tips on how to lead the transition from pandemic back to “normal” operations, while addressing burnout and self-care for leaders.
- February 24 | 12pm, CST, Futurescan 2021-2026 Insights: Transforming Health Care While Responding to a Pandemic, Presented by Ian Morrison, Ph.D This AHA Society for Health Care Strategy & Market Development (SHSMD) webinar features author and futurist Ian Morrison, who will discuss the latest edition of Futurescan 2021-2026, forward-looking report of trends in the health care field and the transformation of health care. Registrants may be selected to provide insights on up-coming Futurescan reports. Futurescan 2021-2026 explores key forces and important insights designed to prepare hospital and health system leaders for the future.
- February 25 | 11am, CST, Human Resource Implications & Legalization of Marijuana, Presented by Lauri Dahlberg, Eide Bailly Marijuana is now legal for both medical and recreational use in the state of South Dakota and employment-related situations will soon follow. What does an employer need to know about “legalized marijuana” in order to keep their business, employees and customers safe? Join us for a session to discuss HR practices you can put in place to ensure you properly handle situations as they come up. We will review appropriate drug policies, how and when to drug test, and how to handle employees with a medical need for marijuana as well as those who “abuse” the legally prescribed drug.
- February 25 | 11am, CST, Antimicrobial Stewardship and HAI Infection Prevention: Insights from COVID-19, Presented by AHA AHA Team Training will host a webinar focusing on the observed surge capacity issues during the pandemic and summarizing the available medical literature on hospital-acquired infections and antimicrobial/diagnostic stewardship issues that were highlighted during the pandemic.
- February 25, 3:30pm, CST, PASSION, Catch it…Share it, Presented by Kirk & Margaret Mittelman Do you remember the passion that you began your career with? Most of us entered the Medical Field with our eyes gleaming and expecting Johnny and Roy or Dr. Miranda Baily from Grey’s Anatomy to meet us in class and then to mentor us along our career path. We were sure we would save the world, never letting a patient die or take a turn for the worse. Each time we would care for a patient in our career we felt like we were wearing a cape. It didn’t take long before reality set in and we saw that EMS, Nursing, and Healthcare in general is not what is portrayed on TV. It is far from glamorous and not built to make you a hero. In spite of this you have stuck with it making the provision of medicine your career. Each Covid-19 patient we care for on takes a toll on our psyche and affects the way we work, teach and mentor our future and current Medical Professionals. We are building the future of our profession through our actions and attitudes. Covid is not here to stay and quite possibly neither are we if we don’t rejuvenate and readjust. With this in mind isn’t it time we once again shared our passion and love for providing care to others with the world? We all recognize that being a Medical Professional is more dangerous, stressful and trying with Covid in the air. Margaret and Capt. Kirk will help you recognize that your original passion for the Medical Field isn’t gone, it’s just hidden. It is time to get your passion back and become rejuvenated. Through PASSION and ENERGY Margaret and Capt. Kirk will help you realize your potential and why you got into this profession in the beginning. Join Capt. Kirk and Margaret for an entertaining and interactive session to improve your life and your patient care.
Unified Voice Newsletter
Events This Month