Who Should Attend
To Skill or Not to Skill | Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2021 • 2-3 p.m. CT
What is “Skill” for nursing under Medicare Part A? This presentation will discuss the characteristics that support a resident requiring skilled care in a skilled nursing facility.
- Define “Skilled” care under a Medicare Part A stay.
- Verbalize the components of skilled documentation: Observation, Assessment, and Monitoring on a daily basis.
- List three examples of skilled nursing care and how to ensure the documentation supports it.
The Intersection of Nursing Documentation and Therapy Services| Tuesday, Nov. 9, 2021 • 2-3 p.m. CT
What therapy components affect Skilled Care and how does nursing documentation support it? This presentation will discuss the importance of section GG and how nursing documentation is integrated into therapy goal setting.
- Identify three speech language pathology (SLP) components of PDPM and how to document them.
- Verbalize the importance of section GG and how nursing documentation is integrated into therapy goal setting.
- Demonstrate interview techniques for BIMs and PHQ9 to ensure accuracy.
Capturing Accurate NTAs to Create an Effective Plan of Care |Tuesday, Nov. 16, 2021 • 2-3 p.m. CT
What is a Non-Therapy Ancillary (NTA) and why is it important? This presentation will discuss the documentation needed to support the coding of the non-therapy ancillary component on the MDS.
- Define what a NTA is and how it effects care and reimbursement.
- Verbalize what documentation is needed to support the coding of a NTA on the MDS.
- Outline examples of care planning to support the NTA coding.
Barbara Patterson-Paul, RN, BSN, RAC-CT, Vice President, Select Solutions Nurse Consulting Division, Select Rehabilitation