The South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations (SDAHO) is excited to announce another resource for members, our long-term care (LTC) weekly update. Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
In our April 4th Long-Term Care weekly update:
- Last Chance to Register for the SDAHO Post-Acute Partners in Care Conference
- Meeting Reminders:
- The post-acute care council will meet on April 13th at 10am at the Sioux Falls Convention Center, right before we kick off the conference.
- The assisted living council will meet immediately following the Partners in Care Conference at 2pm on April 14th at the Sioux Falls Convention Center.
- The LTC Quarterly administrator call was moved from April 28 to May 4th.
- SD DOH OLC suspending all further COVID-19 outreach calls.
- Updates to CMS and Vaccine Mandate Guidance
- NEW CMS Memo QSO-22-15 NH & NLTC & LSC
- New Way for Medicare Beneficiaries to Get Free Over-the-Counter COVID-19 Tests.
- Follow Up from NHSN on Event-Level COVID-19 Vaccination Forms
- Home Health CAHPS Quarterly Review Newsletter
- Home Health iQIES Provider Preview Reports – Update
- OIG Launches New Webpage on Telehealth to study the impact of the PHE flexibilities.
- National Academies Nursing Home Quality Report Released
- RESCHEDULED CMS Home Health, Hospice, and DME Open Door Forum
- LeadingAge Update
- Hospice Provider Workforce Survey
- April Educational Opportunities:
- Governance for the People Who Support the Board – Part 1
- Strategies to Reduce Workplace Violence Against Caregivers
- Forging Stronger Links in Your Health Care Supply Chain
- Assessment and Treatment of Lower Extremity Ulcers
- The ABCs of Grant Management – Part 2
- A Matter of Trust: Working with Resident Families
- IRRL Program Introductory Webinar
- The Secrets Everyone Should Know About the Survey Process in Healthcare
- Sepsis: Fear and Loathing in the Microbial World
For SDAHO members interested in reading the long-term care weekly update in its entirety, please click here. Sign in to the member portal and you will be redirected to the member only LTC update!