The South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations (SDAHO) is excited to announce an exclusive resource for members, our long-term care (LTC) weekly update.
Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
In our April 18th Long-Term Care weekly update
- Pending Nursing Home Closure – Avantara Ipswich.
- Nursing Homeowner/Operator Data Now Public.
- HHS Announces $226.5 Million to Launch Community Health Worker Training Program
- CMS Releases Q1 2022 Hospice Quality Reporting Program Report.
- CMS LTSS Caregiver Support Webinar. On Wednesday, April 27th at 2:00 PM ET, CMS will host a webinar on better understanding how to ensure paid and unpaid caregiver needs are met.
- Quarterly National Stakeholder Call with the CMS Administrator
- NHSN Changes Coming Soon. Great news out of CDC today regarding NHSN. The COVID-19 Long-Term Care Facility (LTCF) and COVID-19 Vaccination modules will undergo changes in May. These two modules will be streamlined with several data elements being eliminated or pared down to reduce reporting burden while continuing to collect essential data.
- Updated Quarterly OASIS Q&As. CMS released April 2022 OASIS Q&A’s.
- Home Health OASIS and Star Rating Preview Reports Now Available. Preview reports are now available on iQIES for the July 2022 Home Health Care Compare refresh
- First COVID-19 Diagnostic Test Using Breath Samples: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an emergency use authorization (EUA) for the first COVID-19 diagnostic test that detects chemical compounds in breath samples associated with a SARS-CoV-2 infection
- Creative Strategies Designed by States to Ensure Continued Home and Community-Based Service (HCBS) Delivery During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- OIG Adds Electronic Visit Verification to Work Plan. In April, OIG announced plans to conduct additional audits on Electronic Visit Verifications (EVV) along with a number of other Medicaid specific audits, evaluations, and inspections.
- CDC Statement on Masks in Public Transportation Settings
- Save the Date: Mark your calendars for the second annual Continuing Care at Home Virtual Conference! The dates will be Monday and Tuesday, May 16 & 17. Registration information will come out next week.
- Coming Soon: Older Americans Month. LeadingAge will mark Older Americans Month in May with a range of activities supporting the 2022 theme:
- New! MyLeadingAge Member Community Group for Assisted Living Providers.
- LeadingAge Submits Comments Medicaid RFI. LeadingAge submitted comments on CMS’ Request for Information RFI on Access to Coverage and Care in Medicaid & CHIP.
- 2022 General and Professional Liability Benchmark Report for Senior Living and Long-Term Care Providers.
- 2022 Salary and Staffing Survey Report.
- Assisted Living Survey: Since 1992, The State of Seniors Housing survey has widely disseminated financial performance data for seniors housing.
- Evolving intelligence indicates that the Russian government is exploring options for potential cyber attacks.
- SDAHO Upcoming Education
- April 26, 9am CST / HHS Mandatory email and text message encryption rules
- April 26, Noon / The ABCs of Grants Management, Part 2
- April 27, 11am CST / A matter of trust: Working with resident families
- April 27, 11am CST / IRRL Program Introductory webinar
- April 27, 1pm CST / The Secrets Everyone should know about the survey process in healthcare
- April 27-28, SDAHQ Conference – Performance and Process Improvement Leadership, Yellow Belt
- April 28, Noon CST / Sepsis: Fear and loathing in the microbial world
- April 29, 1pm CST / Strategies for rural Health leaders success in a post-COVID-19 world
- May 10, Noon CST / Promoting nurse and caregiver well-being
For SDAHO members interested in reading the long-term care weekly update in its entirety, please click here. Sign-in to the member portal and you will be redirected to the member only LTC update!