Join the National Rural Health Association (NRHA) for a listening session on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) newly proposed rule on Rural Emergency Hospitals (REH) and Critical Access Hospitals (CAH) Conditions of Participation (CoP). The Government Affairs team will provide a brief overview of the regulations, then the floor will be opened for any questions or concerns.
- July 20 at 11am-12pm CST/10am-11am MST
- Register here
NRHA is seeking any feedback on CoPs, and would specifically like to hear about:
- Staffing flexibilities, including granting medical staff privileges to nurse practitioners and physician assistants and the requirement that there must be a doctor, a physician assistant, a nurse practitioner, or a clinical nurse specialist, with training or experience in emergency care, on call and immediately available by telephone within a specified timeframe. CMS is seeking comment on whether there should be a practitioner on site at all times.
- Whether REHs should provide low-risk labor and delivery services, and whether REHs should also provide outpatient surgical services should they become necessary during L&D.
- Whether 24-hour annual average per patient stay would cause hardship on REHs.
- Definition of primary roads for CAHs, specifically, whether the definition should include numbered Federal highways with two or more lanes and exclude Federal highways with one lane in each direction.