The South Dakota Palliative Care Network is hosting a one-day Palliative Care Symposium on November 17, 2022, at the Mount Marty Marian Auditorium in Yankton, SD.
The symposium will highlight physicians from the region speaking to interdisciplinary palliative teams across the state. Detailed itinerary includes:
- Dr. Deb Kullerd, Monument Health, Walking with Families When Conducting Family Meetings
- Dr. Dan Mark, Sanford Health, Fundamental Aspects of Pediatric Palliative Care
- Dr. John Massey, Nebraska Medical Center, Opioid and non-Opioid Symptom Management
- Dr. Francine Arneson, Avera McKennan, The Potential Role of Cannabis in Patients with HIGH Symptom Burden
Keynote speaker Brad Nieder, MD will share his story Laughter is the Best Medicine.
To view the complete agenda, click HERE.
Who should attend?
- Advance Practice Providers
- Clinical and Support Staff
- Community Advocates
- Community Health Workers
- Persons interested in learning more about Palliative Care
Please join us either in person or virtually for this one day event and enjoy networking with healthcare professionals across the state. Together, team members can learn a multidisciplinary palliative approach to care.
The conference schedule, details, and registration information can be found HERE.