SDAHO Long-Term Care Weekly Update January 20, 2023: A New Resource for Members
Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
Updates for this week: January 20, 2023
• Updates from Pierre:
• SD DSS January 2023 Fee Schedules
• SDAHO has a new web page tracking our nursing home closures in the state.
• SD Health Link Document Modernization
• South Dakota Healthcare Coalition – Partners in Preparation
• New CMS Memo
• CDC document regarding a “preliminary statistical signal” that there may be a “causal association” between stroke and vaccination for people over 65 who have Pfizer bivalent boosters
• OIG Report Concludes Nursing Homes Aren’t Doing Enough to Protect Residents During Health Emergencies
• CDC Releases New Dashboards for Tracking Respiratory Disease.
• New “Welcome Corps” Refugee Resettlement Program Launched
• Reminder for Home Health Rural Add-On Policy
• LeadingAge Leadership Summit
• CMS Automating Process for CMP Letters – NO POLICY CHANGE
• Action Alert Reminder: Let CMS Administrator Brooks-LaSure know what you think about nursing home staffing ratios
• LeadingAge Shares Ideas with Senators About How to Better Integrate Care for Dual Eligibles.
• Senator Barrasso Leads on Bipartisan Letter to HHS on Staffing Ratios
• Webinars: Combatting Financial Exploitation of Older Adults
• CAST Releases Digital Transformation in Aging Services Guide
• LeadingAge Provides Hospice Program Integrity Recommendations to Congress and CMS
• MACs Send Notice of Home Health Claims Being Rejected
• WellSky Tip Sheet on Post-Acute Care Price Transparency Requirements
• SDAHO Webinars