Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
Updates for this week: April 7, 2023
- Reminder – Deadline for the SD DOH $20,000 Funding Opportunity for nursing homes and assisted living facilities is April 15:
- SD DOH Issues Warning about Fentanyl and Xylazine Mix Threat
- SD DSS Medicaid Claims and Documentation
- SD Board of Nursing – Insulin Administration Clarification on question from the assisted living member call on 4/6
- White House Issues Executive Order to Improve the Effectiveness of the Regulatory Review Process (4/6)
- FDA – Mail-back envelopes
- MDS Transition to iQIES
- CMS Proposes 3.7% Medicare Boost for SNFs in 2024
- AHA and AHCA send letter to CMS Opposing Mandated Nursing Home Staffing Ratios (4/3
- White House Proclamation on Care Workers Recognition Month.
- CMS Clarifies Home Health Telehealth Cost Reporting.
- Cap Reached for Additional Returning Worker H-2B Visas for the Early Second Half of FY 2023
- National Groups Urge Strong Senior Housing Funding
- Final MA Rates for CY2024 Will increase 3.32%
- Need Some Support and TA on Behavioral Health Issues?
- Representatives Slotkin (D-MI), Steil (R-WI), Kuster (D-NH), and Trone (D-MD) reintroduce the Expanding Veterans’ Options for Long Term Care Act.
- EWA Promotes Doubling the FY24 Funding for HRSA’s Geriatric Workforce Programs
- End of Life Decisions – Have that Discussion.
- Living With Grief program presented by Hospice Foundation of America
- Upcoming April Webinars