Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
Updates for this week: July 21, 2023
- South Dakota Ends 2023 Fiscal Year with $96.8 Million Surplus
- Medicaid/State LTSS Services- Provider Cost and Wage Survey for the Rate Methodology Workgroup.
- Nursing facility rate setting & case mix validation.
- OSHA Announces Final Rule Expanding Submission Requirements for Injury and Illness Data.
- CMS Releases BIMS Assessment Tutorial.
- Congress Continues Debate on HUD Funding for Fiscal Year 2024.
- HHS Office for Civil Rights and the Federal Trade Commission Warn Hospital Systems and Telehealth Providers about Privacy and Security Risks from Online Tracking Technologies.
- CMS Notifies SNF and Hospices of Quality Reporting Program Non-Compliance and Reconsideration Timeline.
- 2023 LeadingAge Annual Meeting Registration is Now Open!
- LeadingAge and Others Support Assisted Living for Veterans.
- MovingForward Milestone: Nursing Home Quality Action Plans Released.
- LeadingAge Teams Up with Congressional LTC Caucus to Talk Workforce.
- Senator Sanders Offers Bold Action to Address Workforce Challenges.
- Ranking Member Bobby Scott reintroduces the Direct Creation, Advancement, and Retention of Employment (CARE) Act.
- HHS Actuary Estimates Eliminating the 3 Day Stay Would Cost $60 Billion.
- KFF Analysis Looks at Possible Scenarios Pointing to Nonprofits As More Likely to Meet Potential New Staffing Requirements.
- Ziegler 2023 Mid-Year Not-For-Profit Senior Living and M&A Update.
- NIC: ESI Reports Improvement in Staffing and Occupancy.
- LTC Community Coalition Report: Most U.S. Nursing Homes Understaffed, Federal Data Finds.
- EEOC Announces Free Webinar on Laws Concerning Women in the Workplace.
For SDAHO members interested in reading the long-term care weekly update in its entirety, please click here. Sign-in to the member portal and you will be redirected to the member only LTC update!