Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
Updates for this week: September 8, 2023
- Draft Rules – Nursing Facility Administrator Fee Adjustment and Statutory Reference Update
- Updates to ARSD 44:70 Assisted Living Centers.
- South Dakota Impact of Medicare’s Proposed Home Health Cuts.
- SD DSS Medicaid Expansion Update
- Nursing Home Staffing Mandate
- Department of Labor Monthly Jobs Report Shows Growth in Healthcare Jobs, Yet Demand for Workers Continues to Exceed Supply
- Congressional White Paper on AI
- FDA and CDC prepare for the likely approval of new COVID-19 booster shots this fall
- OIG Report Nursing Homes Reported Wide-Ranging Challenges Preparing for Public Health
Emergencies and Natural Disasters
- HHS Issues New Proposed Rule to Strengthen Prohibitions Against Discrimination on the Basis of a Disability in Health Care and Human Services Programs
- OIG Report Finds Home Health Agencies Failed to Report Half of Falls with Major Injury
- September is Healthy Aging Month!
- Nursing Home Staffing Mandate – LeadingAge Response
- National Workforce Development Month: Focus on Apprenticeships, Career Paths
- Top Scams Against Older Adults
- Welcome to LeadingAge, Nicole Howell, Director of Workforce Policy
- LeadingAge September 2023 Newsletter
- New Free Dementia Training for Nursing Homes
- National Investment Center Report on Skilled Nursing Occupancy
- ANA Nurse Staffing Task Force – Nurse Staffing Task Force Project ECHO® Virtual Event Series
- Nursing Home Directors of Nursing Member Call Recording
For SDAHO members interested in reading the long-term care weekly update in its entirety, please click here. Sign-in to the member portal and you will be redirected to the member only LTC update!