Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
Updates for this week: September 29, 2023
- Medicaid Expansion Claims
- SD State Loan Repayment Program
- Biden Administration Expands Legal Status and Work Permits to Nearly Half a Million Venezuelan Migrants.
- WiFi Access in Nursing Homes
- Oral Health in Nursing Home Residents Under Scrutiny.
- CMP Reinvestment Program QSO-23-23-NH.
- GAO Report: 5% of Nursing Homes are Owned by Private Equity, but the CMS Data are Inadequate.
- OIG Reports HHA’s Did Not Use Telehealth in 2020, and Those That Did, Did It Wrong
- HHS posts staff contingency plan for potential shutdown.
- CDC Webinar on Virus Season Set for October 4.
- Proposed CMS Staffing Standards, If Finalized Would Cost Closer to $7 Billion the First Year, not $4 Billion as CMS Contends
- Recording of the Town Hall Member Panel on Staffing Mandate
- DOL Proposal to Increase Salary Level Needed for White Collar Overtime Exemption: Summary.
- Veterans Administration Releases Annual Report Detailing Staffing Shortages
For SDAHO members interested in reading the long-term care weekly update in its entirety, please click here. Sign-in to the member portal and you will be redirected to the member only LTC update!