Dental Hygienists do Make a Difference
15nov12:00 pm1:00 pmDental Hygienists do Make a DifferenceSDAHO Webinar
Objectives: Discuss why dentistry and medicine are historically disconnected. Discuss why registered dental hygienists can’t work outside of dental offices in South Dakota independently. Illustrate areas where
- Discuss why dentistry and medicine are historically disconnected.
- Discuss why registered dental hygienists can’t work outside of dental offices in South Dakota independently.
- Illustrate areas where hygienists can and are making a difference in hospitals, long-term care facilities and assisted living facilities in our state and other states.
- Discuss how the overall health and well-being of all people can be significantly enhanced by improved oral health.
- Point out how improved oral health can lessen the financial impact of healthcare organizations in South Dakota.
CE’s: NHA & SW
Pat Aylward, Founder, Toothology Inc.
Pat Aylward has worked as a collaborative supervision dental hygienist since 2014. She has over 40 years of experience as a registered dental hygienist and a certified dental assistant in two countries and two states. The practices she has worked with have varied from a one dentist practice in general dentistry to corporate dentistry in a large organization which included every specialty of dentistry. She has worked as a clinical dental hygienist with patients of all ages, many nationalities and ethnicities. For decades she has presented oral health lectures to the public. Most recently she started a nonprofit called Toothology Inc. focused on improving oral health through education.
Free for SDAHO Members: Sign in to the Member Portal and go to the Education Portal to register.
$49 for Non-Members: Click here to register.
(Tuesday) 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CST