Safe transitions of Care
Overview: Ensuring continuity of care is imperative for a resident to obtain their highest level of functioning and to promote safety. This session will discuss the pre-admission and admission process to
Ensuring continuity of care is imperative for a resident to obtain their highest level of functioning and to promote safety. This session will discuss the pre-admission and admission process to ensure a safe transition and environment. This session will also discuss things to consider for emergent and planned discharges.
- Identify key information to obtain prior to admission to help facilitate proper equipment and interventions are in place upon admission
- Discuss care approaches for the first 24 to 72 hours to promote safety and continuity of care
- Describe key information to provide the next care setting on both an emergent and planned discharge to ensure continuity of care and reduce risk
CE’s: NHA & SW
Contact Hours: Nursing
Presenter: Jeri Lundgren, President, Senior Providers Resource
Jeri Ann Lundgren, RN, BSN, PHN, CWS, CWCN, CPT has been working in Long Term Care since 1990. She has focused on the effects of immobility and worked with Exercise Physiologists, Physical Therapists, Personal Trainers, Ergonomics and Nursing to develop the SeniorFit© Wellness program for falls prevention and mobility enhancement. Ms. Lundgren is a Certified Personal Trainer and specialist by the following:
- I.T.S/Florida Gulf Coast University, as a Certified Personal trainer (CPT,
- Ohio Health as a certified Delay the Disease Parkinson’s Specialist,
- Functional Aging Institute as a certified Aging Specialist focusing on personal training for those 55 years and older, and
- Open the Door to Tai Chi as a certified Tia Chi Instructor
Registration is free for SDAHO Members and $49 for Non-Members.
Click here to register.
Activity Information Provided to Learners:
- This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- SDAHO will award nursing contact hours by:
- Attendance for entire educational session
- Completed evaluation with at least one main concept learned
- No individual with the ability to control the content of this activity has any relevant financial relationship with ineligible companies to disclose.
- This enduring webinar is being recorded and the link will be on our SDAHO Educational Portal until Jan 17, 2025
(Tuesday) 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CST