Each week, through our Unified Voice Newsletter, recipients will receive an overview of state, federal, policy and additional issues impacting post-acute care. Each story will include a direct link to a more complete overview where readers can find more information on topics relevant to their needs.
In our August 26, 2022, Long-Term Care weekly update
- SD DOH OLC Partnership Newsletter
- Biannual Nursing Facility Regulation Report – July 2022
- CMS Tells State Medicaid Programs to develop payment methodologies that address initiatives to improve health care quality and equity in the Medicaid program to support nursing facilities
- CMS has developed a roadmap for the eventual end of the Medicare PHE waivers and flexibilities, and is sharing information on what health care facilities and providers can do to prepare for future events.
- The Inflation Reduction Act Will Cut Health Care Costs for South Dakotans – White House Summary: CDC Healthcare-associated infections prevention
- CMS Staffing Study on Minimum Staffing Requirements for Nursing Homes (not being conducted in South Dakota).
- Healthcare Workers – Health, Stress, and Mental Health.
- Vaccine Planning for the Fall.
- For Members: $20,000 COVID Vaccine Booster Grant.
- Member Site Visits at the 2022 Annual Meeting + EXPO.
- National Workforce Development Month
- Congress Considers Strategies To Improve Medicare And Medicaid Integration For Dual-Eligible Individuals.
- LeadingAge CMS Five-Star July Refresh Explained – Staffing and Overall Rating Methodology Changes
- OASIS-E starts in 2023! The Minnesota Home Care Association will be hosting OASIS Answers for a Blueprint for OASIS workshop, September 14-15 in Bloomington (Twin Cities southern suburb).
- New Public Opinion Poll Finds Deep Support for Medicare Home Health.
- Dementia/Brain Change Training at SDAHO convention!