HOW TO PARTICIPATE: PROVIDERS/ORGANIZATIONS
- Host a facility tour. Open your doors to the community and host a facility.
tour for local students, parents, and teachers to showcase the day-to-day
operations in your facility.
- Visit your local schools and talk about careers in aging. Informing the
next generation about the opportunities in this profession is critical to meet
future workforce needs.
- Participate in job or educational fairs. The overall goal of these events
should be to spark the interest of students and give them a sense of what a
career in aging is all about.
- Plan a community celebration. Community events can be organized by
local businesses, Chambers of Commerce, economic development groups
and more. Talk to your community partners about how to best organize a
- Contribute to the conversation on social media. Share how you’re
celebrating and showcasing careers in aging on social media using the
hashtag #CareersInAging. Ask your staff, ‘why do you love to work in the
field of aging?’ and share their story on social media!
- Host a virtual event. Offer an easy way for your community to engage,
learn more, and ask questions about the career opportunities available in
- Celebrate your staff. Host a party to celebrate/thank your staff members,
and invite families of staff, residents and their family members. Recognize
your staff for accomplishments, like tenure or outstanding customer service.
our aging population. Opportunities abound in universities, senior living communities, hospitals, long-term care, assisted living communities, and other workplaces.
Click here for more information on Careers in Aging Week!