Register Here June 24 at 11am CST/ 10am MST This webinar is part
June 24 at 11am CST/ 10am MST
This webinar is part of our “Preparing South Dakota Healthcare for the Legalization of Marijuana” Series. You can join the series at any time and access recordings of previous sessions.
Overview: Marijuana legalization in South Dakota is on the horizon and Congress legalized Hemp CBD in 2018. In this webinar we will discuss how marijuana legalization at the state level will impact nursing homes, hospice, and home health providers. We will also discuss the impact and effect of Hemp CBD legalization for your settings. Among the topics we will address are:
- Can resident freely use Marijuana and Hemp CBD?
- What obligations do nursing homes, home health, and hospice operators have in managing marijuana use?
- Are caregivers and staff allowed to store and administer Marijuana and Hemp CBD?
- What are policies should you have in place to address the risks?
- What are some best practices for managing Marijuana or Hemp CBD use in your setting?
Presenter: Gabriela Sanchez and Jeff Duncan
Registration: Registration for this series is per facility. This allows multiple staff members to participate in the education for one fee. Registration for this series is free for SDAHO member facilities and $199 for non-member facilities.
*this series is included in the 2021 education package
CEs: NHA & SW
(Thursday) 11:00 am - 12:00 pm