Nursing Home Trauma-Informed Care Workshop
Register Here Program Overview This session will dive deep into topics
This session will dive deep into topics surrounding trauma informed care and the facility assessment that assess needed care and services and staff competency.
• What is trauma informed care & the 4 R’s on how to approach
• 5 principles of trauma informed care
• Importance of assessing capacity
• PTSD screening
• New federal regulations related to advance directives
• F740-F744 Behavioral Health
• Behavioral Health facility assessment considerations and the when, where, and how of conducting the assessment
• Education on specific behavioral disorders, including schizophrenia and drug abuse
• How to engage in activity and meaningful social interaction
• Ensure staff competency, specific to quality and education necessary for phase 3 compliance
• Valuable resources to support your staff
Barbara Speedling is a Master trainer of the OASIS educational program for improving care of residents with dementia and is an experienced educator and consultant on trauma-informed care. An innovator with more than 30 years of practical experience within the adult care community, she is the expert providers turn to when they want to ensure that the services they provide meet not only the physical needs of their residents, but their emotional and psychosocial needs as well.
This event will be held at the Ramada in Mitchell (1525 West Haven Avenue). A hotel block has been reserved for $79.99 per night, mention SDAHO to receive this discount.
This event is no cost to South Dakota nursing home employees, other interested parties can register for a fee of $100 per person. Lunch will be provided and each attendee will receive a copy of Barbara Speedling’s book, Trauma Informed Care and Behavioral Health Services: Achieving Compliance in Long-Term Care.
email@example.com | 605-789-7528
(Thursday) 9:00 am - 4:30 pm CST