The submission deadline for the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF), Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH), and Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Programs (QRP) is approaching.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) and LTCH CARE Data Set assessment data and data submitted to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) via the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) October 1 – December 31 (Q4) of calendar year (CY) 2020 are due with this submission deadline.
- For IRFs and LTCHs, the annual NHSN Influenza Vaccination among Healthcare Personnel measure is also due with this deadline.
- Minimum Data Set (MDS) data for October 1 – December 31 (Q4) of calendar year (CY) 2020 are due with this submission deadline.
All data must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. on May 17, 2021.
The list of measures required for this deadline is found on the CMS QRP websites:
- IRF Quality Reporting Data Submission Deadlines
- LTCH Quality Reporting Data Submission Deadlines
- SNF Quality Reporting Program Data Submission Deadlines
As a reminder, it is recommended that providers run applicable internet Certification and Survey Provider Enhanced Reports/Quality Improvement and Evaluation System/National Healthcare Safety Network (CASPER/iQIES/NHSN) analysis reports prior to each quarterly reporting deadline, in order to ensure that all required data has been submitted.
CMS has issued guidance related to COVID-19 and its impact on providers. Please visit the CMS Current Emergencies page at for more information.