BCBH: Lay Leader Training
August 19-September 30 Mondays and Thursdays 2:30-5:00pm CST/1:30-4:00 MST Virtual Meetings Full attendance at the 7-week virtual training (2 weekly sessions/ 2.5 hours each) Receive
August 19-September 30
Mondays and Thursdays
2:30-5:00pm CST/1:30-4:00 MST
- Full attendance at the 7-week virtual training (2 weekly sessions/ 2.5 hours each)
- Receive a scripted manual
- Schedule a workshop to facilitate within 6 months of training
- To remain an active leader, co-facilitate a minimum of 1 workshop per year
- Cross-training opportunities for active BCBH-SD leaders available
in additional curriculums: Chronic Pain, Diabetes, Cancer, & Worksite!
Once certified as a leader for BCBH, anyone with a desire to help people better manage their chronic conditions and lead healthier lives can lead a workshop. No healthcare or teaching experience is required. In fact, many leaders have a chronic disease themselves and have attended BCBH SD Workshops as a participant.
Why become a leader?
- To teach people skills that can make a difference in how they live their lives
- To work with other facilitators in your community
- To learn proven methods to apply to other areas of your practice/life
- To improve leadership, teaching, and group facilitation skills
(Thursday) 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm